On Saturday (17th October) night, Delhi Capitals (DC) reached the highest spot within the IPL 2020 factors desk after beating Chennai Tremendous Kings (CSK) at Sharjah Cricket Stadium (Sharjah).
CSK captain MS Dhoni gained the toss and determined to bat first. On the finish of the primary innings, CSK scored 179/4 (20 overs). In reply, Delhi Capitals chased down that focus on in 19.5 overs after shedding 5 wickets.
Transient Scores: CSK – 179/Four in 20 overs (Faf du Plessis 58, Ambati Rayudu 45; Anrich Nortje 2/44)
DC – 185/5 in 19.5 overs (Shikhar Dhawan 101*, Marcus Stoinis 24; Deepak Chahar 2/18)
The Consequence – DC gained by 5 wickets
IPL 2020, Match 34: Delhi Capitals vs Chennai Tremendous Kings (DC vs CSK) – Statistical Highlights
Delhi Capitals (DC) – 1st time beat CSK twice in the identical season
i) On this IPL season, Delhi Capitals gained each the matches in opposition to CSK.
- It was the primary time when Delhi Capitals beat CSK greater than as soon as in the identical calendar 12 months.
Delhi Capitals (DC)
Kagiso Rabada – quickest 50 IPL wickets
i) Enjoying his 27th IPL match, Kagiso Rabada accomplished his 50 IPL wickets.
- Kagiso Rabada is the quickest bowler to finish 50 IPL wickets. The earlier record-holder was Sunil Narine who accomplished that feat in 32 IPL matches.
- Kagiso Rabada turned the second Delhi Capitals bowler to select up 50 IPL wickets. Leg-spinner Amit Mishra was the primary bowler to attain this feat for his group as he has taken 100 IPL wickets for this group.
- Kagiso Rabada turned the third Delhi Capitals bowler to assert 50 T20 wickets. Their different two bowlers are Amit Mishra (104 wickets) and Morne Morkel (51 wickets).
Shikhar Dhawan – centurion
i) Opener Shikhar Dhawan scored 101 not out.
- It was the third century within the IPL 2020. The primary two centuries on this IPL season had been 132 not out by KL Rahul (Kings XI Punjab) in opposition to Royal Challengers Bangalore (at Dubai, DSC on 24th September 2020) and 106 by Mayank Agarwal (Kings XI Punjab) in opposition to Rajasthan Royals (at Sharjah on 27th September 2020).
- It was the second century by a Delhi Capitals batsman in opposition to Chennai Tremendous Kings. Their different century was 105* by AB de Villiers at Durban on 23rd April 2009.
Chennai Tremendous Kings (CSK)
Faf du Plessis – finest abroad batsman
i) South African cricketer Faf du Plessis has scored 2215 T20 runs for CSK.
- Faf du Plessis is essentially the most T20 run-scorer as an abroad batsman for CSK. Throughout this match, he surpassed the previous Australian cricketer Michael Hussey, who scored 2213 T20 runs for this group. In the meantime, Du Plessis is now the third most T20 run-scorer for this group, solely behind of Suresh Raina (5369 runs) and MS Dhoni (4443 runs).
ii) South African cricketer Faf du Plessis has scored 2004 IPL runs for CSK.
- Faf du Plessis is the primary abroad batsman to attain 2000+ IPL runs for CSK.
- Faf du Plessis is the third cricketer to attain 2000+ IPL runs for CSK. Indian cricketers Suresh Raina (4527 runs) and MS Dhoni (3994 runs) had been the opposite two names on this listing.
Ravindra Jadeja – 1st Indian to report 1000 IPL runs and 50 IPL wickets for similar group
i) All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, who has taken 85 IPL wickets for CSK, has additionally scored 1024 IPL runs for this group.
- Ravindra Jadeja turned the primary Indian to handle each the 1000+ IPL runs and 50+ IPL wickets for a group. In general, he turned the fourth cricketer to attain the duo feat in IPL for a group.